A literary journal of
POEM OF THE DAY
Poem of the Day is on pause while we finalize our first issue;
view our Archives here
Coming Soon: Issue 1.0 "North"
Welcome to Compass Rose, a place where voices seek direction in the vast wilderness of life. We are hard at work finalizing our first issue, slated for February 2023. Meantime, please peruse our Archives of all recent daily features (poetry, prose, visual art) here.
Submit your sharpest work to us. When have you lost your north? Where did you head? What did you discover along the way? Where are you now? Where are we all? See our submission guidelines below. We accept poetry, flash prose, and visual art.
***all submissions via Submittable*** (use button below)
POETRY: submit 3-6 poems in one document (doc, docx)
FLASH PROSE: submit up to 4 pieces in one document (doc, docx)
VISUAL ART: submit up to 6 pieces; separate files OK (jpg, png)
- Please start each poem or flash prose piece on a new page
- No length limits for poems
- Flash prose: limit 500 words
- Include a short bio (max 100 words)
- We appreciate covers letters but no need for excessive formalities
- Authors retain all rights
* We encourage simultaneous submissions
* We consider previously published material; please label it as such
* We particularly welcome submissions from traditionally marginalized voices, including BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and the neurodivergent.
* We do not currently pay our contributors, but hope to in the future
Editor: Kelly Easton
Art Editor: Lauren Rapp
ABOUT COMPASS ROSE
Compass Rose literary journal was established in 2022. We read for beauty in the language that seeks to understand. Please support us by subscribing, submitting, or simply drifting over to us occasionally for a brief respite.